I recorded a video lecture on the subject of family violence and abuse, including intimate partner violence, rape, and sexual abuse, with some discussion of the COVID pandemic implications.
The 24-minute video is on YouTube here:
Related pieces that came out after I recorded this:
- The Telegraph: ‘I have five minutes and I need help’: Life on the domestic abuse frontline during coronavirus
- New York Times: Why a Drop in Domestic Violence Reports Might Not Be a Good Sign
- New York Times: A New Covid-19 Crisis: Domestic Abuse Rises Worldwide
- UN Women: Violence against women and girls: the shadow pandemic
- NPR: Child Sexual Abuse Reports Are On The Rise Amid Lockdown Orders